It is the policy of Abbeygate Manufacturing Company Ltd (AMC) to encourage Responsible Corporate Citizenship by supporting the ten principles of the UN Global Compact, and we will not knowingly trade with any Company that fails to comply with these principles.AMC is committed to promoting the highest ethical standards, not only internally but for everyone we trade with. Our staff members are encouraged to report any known or suspected departures from this policy.The Global Compact asks companies to embrace, support and enact, within their sphere of influence, a set of core values in the areas of human rights, labour standards, the environment, and anti-corruption:Human Rights
- Principle 1: AMC supports and respects the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: AMC takes all necessary steps to ensure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: AMC upholds freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: AMC is committed to the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: AMC is committed to the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: AMC supports a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
- Principle 8: AMC undertakes annual initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.